We all want to expose our children to as much as we can so they can grow up well-rounded and well-educated. There are so many things we can take our child to see and do that would be beneficial to their upbringing. We made a list of 10 places that you can take your child that will be fun and educational!
- Aquarium. Visiting a place with different sea life is intriguing since it’s so different from a child’s everyday world. We took our kid to an aquarium and she was mesmerized by the fish swimming throughout the water.
- Museums. There’s nothing like teaching our children about history. A lot of museums make special exhibits for children to play with and run around in. There are so many different subjects that a child can be exposed to and can learn from. There are even children’s museums dedicated specifically to teaching and entertaining those at a young age.
- Theater. Musicals, plays, and dramas all have the ability to show our children the different types of arts are out there. There are so many various types of theater and showing our child singing, dancing, and acting opens up a whole new world for them. It easy to relate this to the tv shows like Ghotu Motu Ki Toli that our child watches since there is a lot of singing and dancing similar to the theater as well.
- Storytime. Reading our children books help encourage their imagination and verbal communication skills. Our local libraries hold a weekly storytime and consist of stories, singing, and playing.
- Zoo. Animals hold a fascination for our children. My kid loves to even just look at our dog walk around the house. Taking her to the zoo to see such a variety of animals from different locations provides a great educational outing for her.
- Park. What a better way for our children to get outside and introduce activity into their daily lives? Here they have the opportunity to run around in the grass, play games in the playground with other children, and soak in the sunshine.
- Children’s Gyms. An indoor playground for my child? These types of gyms consist of so many different toys that allow our children to jump around and play with.
- Beach. I love taking my child to see the beach. The sun, sand, and water provides a relaxing atmosphere for her while fascinating her at the same time.
- Sporting Events. It’s good to introduce the concept of teamwork and good sportsmanship to your child. It gives them a way to understand how to get along with our children and really work towards their goals. It is also a fun way to spend time all together as a family.
- Pool. Swimming is a great way to teach your child a new activity and get exercise. Just being in the water puts them in a whole new environment and allows for development in other aspects than they are used to.
Written by Shailee Butalia – A second generation Indian mother of a gorgeous daughter living in the USA… writing this on behalf of the wonderful team of Ghotu Motu Ki Toli.
Ghotu Motu Ki Toli is a way to teach our children our culture and language using 2 minute Indian nursery rhyme videos available on Youtube and through free mobile apps. Subscribe to our mailing list and our Youtube channel.
If you like this article, share it on Facebook and Twitter.
Leave a Reply